Saturday, June 25, 2016

DON'T Bring Your Pets Here!

Boo!  Hiss!  Grrrrrr! Woof woof!


How dare they!  The ridiculous notice (above) in the window of a store reads as follows:

Attention Dog Owners

Unfortunately we are no longer able to permit out four legged friends in the store as it is a violation of the public health code.

The only exception to this rule are Service Dogs.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thankyou...

Despite not currently owning a dog myself, I still feel compelled to speak for dog owners everywhere when I say that while I appreciate the apologetic tone they take with this note, I am incensed that they bolded "violation of the public health code" as though that allowing people to Bring Their Pets into stores has the potential for somehow being unsanitary.

And don't even get me started that they not only had the temerity to mention so-called "service dogs," but capitalize the term as well, imparting some sort of importance or nobility to these animals.

However, I am encouraged by the ellipsis after "thankyou" [sic].  It sort of implies that maybe the last chapter on the matter hasn't been written yet. Maybe it's their way of saying, "Look, the sign's only going to be up here for a few days and then you can Bring Your Pets again!"

The worst part of all this?  I took this photo a few years ago and I don't remember where the hell I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment